Monday, July 15, 2013

Chocolate powdered sugar cookies

I have loved these cookies since I was a child.  The kids and I made them today for a family reunion.  They were the hit of the pot luck!  Enjoy


Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter at room temperature
1 2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup cocco
1/3 cup milk
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/2- 1 cup powdered sugar

Directions:
In a stand mixer cream butter, sugar, and eggs.  Sift dry ingredients together and slowly add to butter mixture alternating the milk.  Put the dough in the fridge for 2 hours or until firm.  (If you don't follow this step the dough will stick very badly to your palms and you end up making a huge mess.)  Roll into balls and then into powdered sugar.  I like to roll 12 balls at one time and place them into the powdered sugar, it seems to make less mess that way.  Bake 12 minutes in a 350 degree preheated oven.
Enjoy, I dare you to have just one.


No comments:

Post a Comment