Saturday, July 6, 2013

The ultimate light and fluffy vanilla frosting

I found this recipe over the weekend and love it!  The frosting turns out so light and fluffy you want to keep going back for more.  I love how simple the recipe is and how all the ingredients are already in your pantry.


This recipe makes enough for 12 cupcakes.

Ingredients:
1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
food coloring is optional

Directions
In your stand mixer beat the butter for 2-3 minutes or until pale and creamy.  Add powdered sugar and salt, mix on low until combined, then turn up the speed to medium and beat for another 2-3 minutes.  Add vanilla and beat for an additional 3 minutes.  You are now ready for the food coloring.  I would suggest adding the coloring one drop at a time since the color will darken with time.  I did not have a pastry bag so I put my frosting into a gallon sized bag and cut off the bottom to make a hole for piping into the cupcake.  I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment